Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Enthusiasm Wanes Fast

Last night I reminded Natalie that she has school in the morning. She burst into tears and shrieked, "I don't want to go to school! I don't like it!"

I asked her why not. After a few sobs she said, "Because I'm not with my Daddy!" More sobs.

What can do but hug her?

As she started to calm down a little, I pointed out that when she's at school, I'm at work, so we're really not apart any longer on account of school. That, of course, was no help. "But I'm not with my Mommy or my Mom-mom either!"

Natalie went to "camp" over the summer, which consisted of half days at a kid-size gym, so she's had some introduction to being away from family, but I guess the two full days that she spends at school are probably hard on her.

I bet she comes around soon, though.

No comments: