Friday, December 21, 2007

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!!!!

O.K. First off, thank you to all of you for the well wishes for Aiden's speedy and safe entrance; however, it looks like it will not be nearly as speedy as we had anticipated.

First: The good News:

Baby boy is doing great, though still inside. He is moving around, growing, doing everything he's supposed to. I had an u/s yesterday when I went in for my amnio appt. I was starting to get nervous about things like the cord being wrapped around him and all that stuff, but the nurse said they listen to the blood flow to make sure there isn't an issue and everything sounds great with him. She laughed several times because Aiden would get extremely annoyed with the poking and prodding. She asked, "Does he always move around this much." YES!!!! That's why he needs to come out...he is too big to move this much!!!! It actually hurts now!! Anyhow, the point of that is that he looks extremely healthy and happy to stay put for now. They estimate him to be 9lbs 14 oz (yes, 2 oz shy of 10 lbs). But, as the nurse said they are just estimates and they are based on measurements of the limbs, head, belly, etc. So, it is possible that he is just very long and not necessarily all weight! So, I am going to be wishful thinking that he is over 9lbs, just not that much!!!

Second: The irritating, disappointing, lies...

I scheduled the amnio last week for this past Thursday. There was some confusion about when the results would arrive. At first, I was told possibly not until Monday (Christmas Eve). To which I replied, "Then there's no point, because I will be 39 weeks and would not need an amnio for induction). So, after talking to the lady at the health center I decided to keep the appt. and chat with my dr. at my next appt. (which was this past Tuesday). She asked if I had scheduled the amnio, and I told her yes but that we needed to discuss the timing issue. During that appt. she said that she would get results from the amnio within a couple of hours and if they came back saying that Aiden's lungs were mature, then she would induce that night. So, based on that information Dan and I agreed to go along with the amnio. She even had her staff call to "make reservations" for yesterday. When I called back to see what I was supposed to do before and/or after the amnio, the staff at the office said that my dr. was waiting to hear from the director of ob at the hospital to make sure they could get me in Thursday night. I was confused, and kept calling to find out because neither Dan nor I wanted to do the amnio if it wasn't going to make a difference in induction. So, I made one last phone call as I was waiting to be called back for the amnio appt., and the office said they would get back to us w/in 20 min. So, went ahead with the ultrasound (which had to be done anyway), to check on the baby's well being and weight. We told the girl doing the u/s our predicament and that we were reluctant to move ahead with the amnio w/o hearing back from my ob first. So, the nurse and dr. that were supposed to do the amnio came back to talk with us, and said they didn't really see the point since I was so close to being 39 weeks and that usually these appts. are in the morning (o.k., but that's not up to me when I call and this is the time I am given!). This dr. didn't think I would be able to get in until at least Friday afternoon time. He said he would call Dr. Duroseau to talk about it and decide whether or not we would proceed with the amnio. They came back and said, "No amnio. Dr. Duroseau said she will see you 6 a.m. on Sunday the 23rd." Well, I was irritated and relieved at the same time. I am kind of glad that I did not need to get the amnio, but the whole reason we were considering this anyhow was because we did NOT want to come in on Sunday since that would be I wouldn't be home until Christmas Day at best (not counting if a c-section would be necessary). So, I had to continue on with my Non-Stress Test (something I've had to do every week since about 34 weeks), during which I called my dr. and said, "No, we will not be here Sunday...unless he comes on his own then. If he's not here by Christmas, then feel free to schedule something anytime after that."

So, the new plan is, if he is not here by Christmas I will be going in either Wednesday the 26th or Friday the 28th. You know what this means though...he's going to come on Sunday (or Christmas Eve)...all on his own!!!!!


I have been having some serious contractions since the appt., so I am hoping that it actually won't be much longer and he will come on his own.

So, we're waiting again!!!!!

1 comment:

Sherianne said...

So who wants to start a pool. I got a feeling it's going to be tomorrow night (Saturday) at the latest.
Hang in there Danielle! I know how you feel. Alex had me in such pain the last week I could barely move and he wasn't quite THAT big, so I feel for you.
Sherianne Newby