Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It is time!!!

This is just a brief update for those of you who don't already know, but Aiden will be arriving in the next couple of days at the latest, either on his own or with some help. I had a follow up appt. yesterday and significant progress was reported.

____________________________________________________________________
This might be TOO MUCH INFORMATION, so I suggest if you don't want a couple of details you stop reading!!!!!!!

I am 3-4 cm, and 50%. The baby has dropped (I thought he did that awhile ago, but evidently not!!!), and is at -1 station (he's low but not quite engaged yet). So my dr. tried to help me along again, to see if things would get started on it's own. Other than a few contractions, not much is going on right now.
_______________________________________________________________________

O.K. Now for other information that may not be too scary for you!!!

If Aiden does not decide to come on his own before tomorrow afternoon, I have an amnio scheduled to make sure his lungs are developed. The dr. has already reserved space for me, assuming that everything will come back o.k., so that I can go right to L&D upon receiving positive results. She will induce me then if everything checks out. The reason the amnio has to be done is because I am technically still 38 weeks, and because of laws/sue happy people/dr. discretion, she will not induce me before 39 weeks without an amnio. That would be Sunday the 23rd, and I didn't want to do that because even if things went exactly as planned, I would not be home until Christmas day. That wouldn't work with Natalie!!!! We kept going back and forth about this, but all of us think it's for the best that Aiden comes sooner rather than later, and with the progress I have had, it seems it was in the cards anyhow. I would like to have him come on his own, but he is getting so big and besides being extremely uncomfortable, I am worried about the complications that can result from having a big baby. Of course, I say that now, and he'll come out weighing like 7lbs!!!!!!

Anyhow, we will keep everyone posted, and will get pictures up a.s.a.p.

4 comments:

StephanieCS said...

Gooood luck, Danielle!

A baby brother is a pretty awesome Christmas present for Natalie!

Andrea said...

I can't wait to meet him...you are in my thoughts and prayers:) Andrea

Cory Newby said...

Danielle,

We'll all be thinking about you and Dan over the next few days... Sherianne and I will be waiting for news that Aiden has arrived and you're recovering just fine!

Cory

Kathi said...

Don't forget to take pictures of that belly before you go in!! :o)

Wishing you a SPEEDY delivery!

Kathi