Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Farewell! thou are too dear for my possessing.
Or, It is finally time to get rid of this heap.

Last Thursday, on the way home from work, I drove my car under the rear wheels of a passing 30-foot-long box truck. They say you should make every effort to experience life, but I don't recommend this particular experience.

As a lawyer, I'm not supposed to say this, even if they put me on the rack, but the accident was my fault. Anyway, I'm fine, and the other driver was fine, but my car was not fine. We haven't officially heard from the insurance company, but we can't imagine that it will try to repair the car. The cost of repacking the airbags is alone probably more than the car is worth. So, last Saturday, Danielle and I bought a minivan, a silver Kia Sedona. She drives fewer miles than I, so she'll drive the gas hog, and I'll drive her Hyundai Elantra. Here's what's left of the Malibu, which I bought brand-new almost a decade ago:

No comments: